The Warwickshire Industrial Locomotive Trust was formed in 1993 by some Members of The
Warwickshire Industrial Locomotive Preservation Group in order to raise funds for a new boiler
for the last Manning, Wardle Locomotive (0-6-0ST No.2047 of 1926) which had been saved for preservation in 1967 and named 'Warwickshire' in 1971.
We were fortunate to be granted Charitable Status in 1994 and a fund was launched in 1995 to
raise money for a new boiler ('Warwickshire Boiler Fund'). The locomotive was Cosmetically
Restored by the Severn Valley Railway at Bridgnorth and placed on Static Display at the
Kidderminster Railway Museum, in 1997 after spending some time on display in the bay platform
at Hampton Loade Station. The locomotive was removed from the KRM and moved by
road to SVR
Bridgnorth in November 2010. Overhaul started in September 2011 when MW2047 was dismantled
and moved into the main workshop. Since then much work has been done on frames, wheels,
axleboxes and springs. New cylinders were been cast, machined and fitted during 2017/8.
In 1998 an Exhibition was held in the main hall of the Kidderminster Railway Museum to
publicise both the Boiler Fund and to Celebrate the Centenary of the second locomotive owned
(works number 686). A commemorative book 'The Jazzer' was also published giving historical
details of both locomotives.
(October 24/25), then to the Middleton Railway at Leeds (November 7/8) and finally back to the
Severn Valley Railway at Kidderminster (November 14/15). At each location the locomotive was
able to operate special passenger shuttles for the benefit of both WILT/WILPG Members and
the General Public. The locomotive is now on public display at The Engine House
at SVR Highley.