Both locomotives have undertaken moves by road transport starting with the Initial journey from their original location to the Severn Valley Railway and then later visits to other locations.
0-6-0ST MW2047 of 1926 was moved by low loader from Rugby Cement Works to SVR Bridgnorth in October 1967. In August 1974 it was again transported by low loader, this time for a weekend visit to the Town & Country Festival at the National Agricultural Centre at Stoneleigh in Warwickshire. Its next journey by road was from SVR Kidderminster to the Kidderminster Railway Museum in February 1997 and its final road journey (so far) took place in November 2010 when it was moved from Kidderminster back to SVR Bridgnorth.
0-6-0T HE686 of 1898 was moved by low loader from ICI Blackley to SVR Bridgnorth in July 1969. In 1983 and again in 1986 it made a visit (by road) to the Birmingham Railway Museum at Tyseley for extended loan periods. Its next journey away from the SVR was to the Railway Heritage Centre at Crewe in Cheshire where
it saw use on brake van trips within the centre. When HE686 was transformed into 'Thomas the Tank Engine' in 1994 many more visits to other Steam Railways and Railway Centres were made (including Blaenavon, Didcot,
Llangollen, Leeds, Wallingford and Bury) up to 1998. In october of that year HE686 was transformed again, this time painted
black as MSC Railway No.14 'St. John' visiting Bury (ELR), Leeds (MRT) and back to Kidderminster (SVR) to celebrate its Centenary. Following a return to blue livery as 'Thomas' further visits were made to Schackerstone, Foxfield,
Simpelveld (Holland), Bodmin, Swindon, Krefeld (Germany), Quainton and many more locations until the locomotive was finally taken out of service in 2009. After
being repainted in red livery again as 'The Lady Armaghdale' HE686 entered the Engine House as a static exhibit in October
2010. However in March 2012 the locomotive was removed and towed to Kidderminster from where it was taken by road to the NEC in Birmingham to appear at 'The Best of Britain' Exhibition on
the Pride of Shropshire Stand. In July 2019 HE686 was again removed and towed up to Bridgnorth and moved by road to Droitwich for static display at the Chateau Impney Hill Climbe Event. The
locomotive is now back on display in thengine House but closer to the Door.