on Location at the Railway Heritage Centre,
Crewe in August 1988. Soon after this event
the locomotive would be withdrawn for
overhaul, not returning to active service
until March 1994 but then as 'Thomas
the Tank Engine' in Blue Livery.
(photo: David Cooke)
0-6-0T HE No.686 of 1898 as MSCRly. No.14 'St.
John' returned to its place of birth at Jack Lane,
Leeds (formerly the Hunslet Engine Co. Works
now occupied by switchgear firm Merlin Gerlin Medium Voltage) in October 1998.
(photo: Courtesy of Yorkshire Post)