Section 6  -  Trust News


0-6-0ST MW No.2047 of 1926 'Warwickshire' at SVR Bridgnorth in

November 2010shortly after its arrival by road from Kidderminster.

This is the last photo of the locomotive when it was still complete.                              (photo:   Duncan Ballard)





0-6-0ST MW No.2047 of 1926 'Warwickshire' in the Workshop

at SVR Bridgnorth during July

2015 in partly dismantled state. Driving wheels, axleboxes &

springs were in the process of

being re-furbished whilst the

frames had been prepared to

recieve a second coat of black

gloss paint.

(photo:   David Cooke)                                                                         








0-6-0ST MW No.2047 of 1926 'Warwickshire'

New RH Cylinder Casting at Timsons Engineering,

Kettering in March 2017. This and the new LH

Cylinder will be fully machined before delivery to

SVR Bridgnorth.             (photo:   Nigel Cripps)





0-6-0ST MW2047 of 1926 Warwickshire

Cylinder Block Assembly at SVR

Bridgnorth in late May following

delivery from Timsons Engineering.


(photo:   courtesy of Carl Jones)

                   0-6-0ST MW2047 'Warwickshire' has finally been removed from the Kidderminster Railway

                   Museum (in November 2010) and transported by road to SVR Bridgnorth where it  has been

                   dismantled and assessed to establish the cost of overhaul and restoration to working order.

                   The design work required for the new boiler has now been completed and a quote obtained

                   to construct the boiler. The frames, Wheel sets and Axleboxes are being refurbished and a New

                   set of Springs obtained in order to achieve a rolling chassis. The cylinders have been removed

                   from the frames in order to carry out repairs to the RH casting.  The repair was successful but

                   it has since been discovered that the main bore is cracked meaning the RH casting will need to

                   be replaced.  A new drawing has being prepared and a quote obtained for a polystyrene

                   pattern and new casting. In 2016 it was decided to go for new castings of both RH & LH cylinders

                   as this would be more cost effective. New cylinders were duely cast at Timsons Engineering of

                   Kettering (in March 2017) and these will be fully machining before delivery to SVR. 

                   Due to better storage facities and more volunteer labour available it had been decided to move

                   the locomotive to Bewdley to complete the restoration.  Some of the parts removed from the

                   locomotive and other spare parts have already been moved from Bridgnorth to Bewdley and

                   placed in secure storage.


                   0-6-0T HE686 is currently awaiting an overhaul but has been cosmetically restored as 'The Lady

                   Armaghdale' (in red livery) and since October 2010 has been on static display in the Engine

                   House Museum at Highley on the Severn Valley Railway where it will remain until further notice.

                   The locomotive has been examined whilst at Highley and an estimate of the cost of returning

                   it to working order has been produced.  However, we will have to wait in the overhaul queue

                   (probably until mid 2020's).




0-6-0T HE No.686 of 1898 'The Lady Armaghdale'

on Static Display at the Engine House Museum at Highley on the Severn Valley Railway in February

2014. The locomotive was at the time being

inspected by SVR Engineers to assess what

repairs were necessary to return it to

working order. (photo:   David Cooke)






The New smart Display Board provided by the

Engine House Museum at SVR Highley for

0-6-0T HE No.686 of 1989 'The Lady Armaghdale'

as seen in October 2014.

(photo:   David Cooke)



During a Grand Shunt to re-arrange

Exhibits in The Engine House Museum

at SVR Highley 0-6-0T HE686 of 1898

'The Lady Armaghdale' is seen outside

in the sunshine on Wednesday 20th

June 2018, eight years since the loco

first entered The Engine House.


(photo:   David Cooke)